I am honored to announce our winners, and new titleholders of the 2017 WA State Master slave contest. Help me welcome Boromoy and Amari of Leather Azimuth.
Boromoy and amari began T/their Master/slave relationship in early 2007. That year ended with Boromoy collaring amari, propelling them into a 24/7 relationship that has lasted for over nine years. Boromoy and amari are founding members of Leather Azimuth. Boromoy was honored to be elected President of Leather Azimuth, Term 2016-2018.
He also founded and runs Columbia Basin Tops to help educate other Masters and Dominants. amari is in service to Leather Azimuth as Secretary, term 2016-2018. amari also founded and runs TASK, which is focused on education for s-types. Together, T/they co-host a D/s munch. Boromoy and amari have presented on a variety of topics including relationship dynamics. Over the years Boromoy and amari has spent extensive time mentoring both Dominants and submissives on various aspects within the D/s and M/s lifestyle. When not participating in the local community, Boromoy and amari like to travel and spend time outdoors camping and hiking.
The following is the schedule for the Washington State Master / slave contest. The schedule is subject to change.
Contestant Interviews (open to all attendees) - Saturday 9:50 am
Contestant Presentations - Saturday 12:30 pm
Main Event, Speeches and Pop Question, announcement of winners - Saturday 7:00 pm
For further information on location and contest registration see http://westcoastlink.org/
We have set our qualification criteria exactly as it is in the regional and international contests.
1) You identify as Master and slave. The contest is for pairs who identify as Master/slave regardless of race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation or identity.
If you identify as a different type of power or authority exchange dynamic, such as Dominant/submissive or Daddy/boy for example, I might recommend a Power Exchange contest, or one of the others more closely related to your dynamic, rather than this one. They are geared more towards non-Master/slave dynamics
2) You have been in your current relationship for at least 1 year.
3) Your legal residence is in WA.
4) The title holders will be expected to honor the title by helping educate the leather community as a whole about the Master/slave lifestyle. It is also expected that title holders will attend/teach at a minimum of four events during their title year. Titleholders are encouraged (but not required) to actively pursue fundraising for the charity of their choice as a way of giving back to the community.
5) The WA State Master/slave contest is a step towards running in the regional Northwest Master/slave contest, but is not mandatory. The Northwest Master / slave contest is one of the feeder contests to the International Master/slave contest held at South Plains Leatherfest in Dallas, Texas each March. Winners of the NWM/s contest will be expected to enter the International contest and represent the Northwest region at the South Plains Leatherfest. With the exceptions of the NWM/s and International M/s contests at South Plains Leatherfest, the WA State Master/slave titleholders may not singly, as a pair or as part of another pair/triad, etc. compete in any other titleholder contest throughout the duration of their title year.
Basic Judging Criteria
Contestants are Judged in Five Areas: 1) an interview with the judging panel 2) a two-minute speech (by each Master and each slave) given to a live audience 3) a brief (10 minute) educational presentation/synopsis of a seminar pertaining to M/s presented by both as a pair 4) answers to randomly selected questions given to each Master and slave on stage during the contest 5) the "M/s dynamic" observed by the judges throughout the contest weekend. (This is a subjective measure of the degree to which each competing couple models an identifiable M/s dynamic.)
Possible Points are Awarded as Follows: - Interview with Judges (up to 150 points) - Speech (up to 100 points) - Presentation (up to 100 points) - On-stage ("Pop") Question (up to 75 points) - Master/slave Dynamic (up to 75 points)
A minimum of 70% of the possible points available are required to win, regardless of the number of contestant pairs competing.
There are five judges.
Additional Titleholder Responsibilities
As previously stated, the titleholders mission is to educate the leather community as a whole about the Master/slave lifestyle by attending (and preferably teaching at) at minimum of four events during their title year. These events need not be large events. Presentations at smaller events, such as local MAsT chapter meetings or for one's local dungeon or club fulfills the requirement just as well as presentations offered at large, full weekend conferences.